Okay. We all know exercise is great for our health. Exercise is just one of those awesome things in life that makes life better overall. Did you know it included a better sex life? It’s pretty simple when you think about it but I didn’t realize just how great it was until I started exercising. Healthcare providers have been standing on their soapbox for years saying how wonderful exercise is. I bet more people would listen to them if they were broadcasting the sexual benefits of exercising more often. So I’m going to pull up my own soapbox and let you guys know instead.
Here are some of the great and sexy benefits of exercise:
- Exercise makes you feel sexy
- This is the most obvious sexual benefit of exercise. One of the major parts of sex is feeling sexy. If you don’t like the way you look naked, you are less likely to get naked in front of someone (which makes it hard to have sex… unless you have crotchless clothes but that’s not my point). Exercise improves your confidence (See benefit below) and your body image making you more willing to have sex. If you feel sexy, you will want sex more often. Like I said, it’s obvious.
- Increases blood flow
- Exercise increases heart health and blood flow all over the body, including to your sexual organs. What else is great about increased blood flow you ask? Good blood flow fuels genital sensation, lubrication, AND gives you that tingle of excitement.
- Exercise increases confidence
- Exercise makes you feel sexy (we’ve established this). When you feel sexy, you have higher confidence and higher self-esteem. As with feeling sexy, being confident in yourself and how you look makes you more likely to shed those clothes and do the vertical tango with your partner.
- Improves sexual performance
- The combination of more blood flow and increased confidence improves the sexual performance of people who exercise. According to this article, a study was performed among people who exercised four to five days per week. The study revealed 69% of men and 88% of women reported having above average or much above average sexual performance.
- Exercise means more sex
- I can personally agree to this one. This is a harder benefit to explain but it does appear as though people who exercise regularly have more sex than before they began exercising. I believe it is a combination of all the benefits of exercise.
- Reduces Erectile Dysfunction
- Blood flow, blood flow, blood flow. Sex is all about the blood flow and exercise increases blood flow. A penis can’t become erect if it doesn’t have sufficient blood flow. Exercising reduces high blood pressure, prevents blocked arteries and other cardiovascular conditions. It keeps the heart healthy and strong. This leads to good blood flow to the penis and reduces erectile dysfunction.
- Endorphin Release
- Exercise releases endorphins. It is a wonderful stress reliever. It clears the mind, relaxes you, and leaves you feeling content and blissful. Sound familiar? Your sex drive and sexual pleasure use the same endorphin release system. The more you exercise and/or have sex, the more endorphins are released. The more intense and often you have these endorphin releases, the better pleasure and easier sexual arousal you will have in the future.
- Adds Options
- Exercise increases strength and endurance. It keeps you fit which gives you more sexual options than if you weren’t. More positions, longer sessions, and having sex more often are more likely when you are fit than if you aren’t. Exercise is the key.
So now you have some exciting reasons to put on your running shoes or pick up some weights. Remember, exercise is great for your health and better for your sex life. Stay tuned for the next installment of Sexual Benefits of a Healthy Lifestyle.
Other posts in this series:
- Sexual Benefits of a Healthy Lifestyle Part 1: The Series Explained
- Sexual Benefits of a Healthy Lifestyle Part 2: Exercise
- Sexual Benefits of a Healthy Lifestyle Part 3: Eating Healthy
- Sexual Benefits of a Healthy Lifestyle Part 4: Health Benefits of Sex